Saturday, October 15, 2011

TC Marathon and 10 mile

I know, it has been awhile since I have written anything! I can come up with a million excuses, but the only one that matters is that I have been spending quality time with my little man.  So much has happened these last couple of months, it is hard to keep up.  I can promise to do better, but I really don’t think I will, so instead I promise to TRY to do better. 

Now, to the post.  A couple of weeks ago, Casey and I ran the TC marathon and 10 mile.  Now mind you, neither of us trained for the experience that lay ahead.  Casey didn’t seem concerned, but I was nervous.  Thankfully, we had Mama Smith to cheer us on, as well as about 300,000 other spectators.  Now I can’t speak for Casey, but as for me, I had a blast.  I only had to walk up 1 hill at about 9.5 miles, which was pretty impressive since the farthest I had run was 6.  I finished in 1:48:48, not a world record, but hey it’s MY PB!  I felt good afterwards, I could walk, and I even sprinted to the finish line.  My personal goal was to beat 2 hours, and at the top of the hill, I could see the clock read 1:58.  Even though that was the actual time, I started in the 4th corral, I still wanted to beat that 2 hour mark and I did.  Races get addicting, so of course I immediately signed up for the Disney 1/2 marathon in February and thankfully convinced the Smith wives to join.  It should be a great weekend!  (I think Jamie should come for the girls weekend though!)  Here are a few pictures from the day…

I apologize that a few are blurry, but Mama Smith’s camera seems to be on the fritz!  I thought she was joking that it would only focus on one thing.

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 001 

It was a beautiful morning, this was just a

few of the runners for the 10-mile!

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 008

That’s right, I wore gloves, and arm warmers!

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 023

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 009

Cheering Mom and Dad on with Mama Smith.

Oh, and eating, can’t forget the food!

  TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 018

Casey after…I don’t think he looks so bad.

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 032

With his Mama, don’t they both look great?!

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 033

Taylor with his Mama! His expression is priceless…

TC 10 Mile and Marathon 2011 034

The flag we run under, held up by two fire trucks.

    This race was fabulous.  The weather was beautiful, I can definitely see why it is the Most beautiful Urban Marathon in America!

 

marathon

This is already on order for a canvas photo.

I LOVE IT!

No comments: