Saturday, October 22, 2011

Growing Up

As Taylor takes his morning nap, I find myself thinking of how much he has grown.  I’m picking up toys off of the floor that I could remember thinking, “It’s going to be so long before he can play with this!”  I’m packing clothes away that I remember being so big on him.  I’m chasing after him as he bee lines if for anything that he is not supposed to get into.  What really got me yesterday was a trip to the park.

I can remember the day like yesterday, it was beautiful outside, so we went to the park.  Casey was on his way home, so he met us there for Taylor’s first park day.  Taylor was so excited to be in the swing and was so curious.  I felt like he looked so grown up in that swing.

Taylor First Park Trip 03

Yesterday, I had flashbacks of that moment.  That moment I sat in the mulch trying to capture a picture of him laughing.  That moment I thought, “Wow, look how big he is.”  I had flashbacks, because I was doing the same exact thing!  I was sitting in the mulch, and couldn’t believe that this boy in front of me used to be so small.  I mean, he wore preemie clothes small.  Now, he is wearing 12 month jackets and shirts.  He wears a size 4/5 shoe! (He is still in 6 month pants, but they are high water's, as you will see in the last picture, but the kid’s waist is skinny, what can I say?)  What seemed like was going to take forever, has started to fly by.  I’m starting to think about his birthday for goodness sake!  It is amazing the transformation these babies make at this age.

I sure love him to pieces, hope you enjoy the pictures!

 Gutzwiller Park Fall 2011 007 

 Gutzwiller Park Fall 2011 009 Gutzwiller Park Fall 2011 010

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I know that feeling all too well!! They do grow fast. Finley is 4 months and Cori is about to be TWO! I just can't believe it! ... Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!! :)