Sunday, July 24, 2011

Warrior Dash!

Let me start by saying the most fun race EVER!!  It was such a blast.  Hard as all get out, but supper supper fun!!  We all woke up early to travel to this race, not really knowing what to expect, but it surely exceed my expectations.  I had never competed in a mud race before, but I will definitely do this one every year.  I’ll probably train a little more next year, as the hills were killers, but the obstacles were so fun, and I didn’t have a problem doing any of them. 

The Before Picture:

Warrior Dash 01

Our lovely shirts were decorated by the kids of the block. They had so much fun!

We started in the 8:30 wave and I have no idea when I finished.  I did walking up many of the hills, since it was at a ski resort and 5 seconds into the run it was straight up the lift hill.  With every uphill, there is a downhill, and those were great.  A couple of people ate it, but not me.  I was pretty proud of myself.  We first ran through a “typhoon” where you couldn’t see, and the water was pretty cold so it took your breath away.  Then, we jumped over cars and through tires.  The hardest obstacle I found was the over under.  We had to jump over a wall that was about 4 1/2 feet tall and then crawl under barbed wire.  There was a board at the bottom, so I wasn’t too nervous about touching it.  Then, we climbed across a cargo crawl, which I found extremely easy.  One girl was being a pretty big baby because she was the bright one that tried to use the nets where it was attached to the wood.  Well, if anyone ever does this race, DON’T DO THAT, your fingers get caught because so many people are climbing across it.  We then crawled through a pitch black tent that I swear had manure in it. We climbed over a straight up cargo net, a 15 foot wall, slid down a slide, jumped over fire and finally army crawled under barbed wire that did not have any boards protecting us.  The official that was standing there kept yelling at us to get out butts down.  I army crawled like no one’s business, scraping my elbows and almost dunking my face.  It was so much fun!  I know this post is probably all over the place, but I was just so excited that I completed it and had a great time doing so.  No one was really allowed on the course, and the boys were a little late getting there, so there aren’t any pictures of us during the race, but there are plenty after pictures!! 

The After Picture:

Warrior Dash 2018

 

Warrior Dash 2020

Family Picture

Warrior Dash 2025

I had to give him one muddy kiss!!

Warrior Dash Little Camera 001

My mud baby

  Warrior Dash 2029

Warrior Dash Little Camera 006

Future Warrior

Warrior Dash Little Camera 003

A clean kiss and hug from my little man.

 Warrior Dash 2012

The slide

Warrior Dash 2030

One of the fires!

 Warrior Dash 2035

The mud pit

    Warrior Dash Little Camera 008

The pile of shoes that get donated and refurbished to help those around the world. 

 

Well, I hope everyone is doing well, and maybe next year people can join us!  I know Casey wants to participate next year! It really was a great time, with great music and great company to spend the morning.  Time for a nap!

Until next time…