Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Sneaks0001

Sneaks0003

 

 

 

 

 

This year, Casey and I were fortunate enough to meet our little guy before Christmas and celebrate as a family.  We already knew that we would not be traveling to Florida, as I would have been very close to my due date, but Mr. T had a different plan.  He surprised us and decided to come 10 days before Christmas!  Although we were completely surrounded by family, we had a great Christmas.  We went over to our neighbor’s house for Christmas Eve, and had a great time playing games with the kids and enjoying each others company.  I am so thankful that we live in a neighborhood where people are so welcoming.  They even invited us over for Christmas, but we of course wanted to spend our first Christmas as a family at home.  It wasn’t the usual Christmas that Casey and I are used to, no big dinner, there weren’t many gifts under the tree, but there was one special addition that took place of all of that, our beautiful son.  (Well, handsome. Casey is starting to tell me I have to say handsome, since he is a boy.)

Christmas 2010 001

Christmas 2010 002

 

 

 

 

 

It was so much fun to be able to share Christmas as a family, even though Taylor won’t remember any of it, I will and that’s what makes it special.  We started our own traditions, something that was passed down from each side of our families.  Casey read The Night Before Christmas, and we watch “A Christmas Carol.”  Casey’s dad has read The Night Before Christmas to the Smith kids forever, and that was one tradition that we had to implement into our family.  Casey did a great job reading, although he said he needed practice.  Taylor fell asleep in my arms during story time, but it was great none the less!  The movie comes from my side.  My dad and I usually watch this movie the day after Thanksgiving, “to get into the holiday spirit,” as my dad would say.  He loves this movie, and I know that Taylor will as well some day.

We hope that everyone had a fabulous Christmas surrounded by loved ones.  Enjoy the first few photos of Taylor from his photo shoot.  I think he looks precious, but I am partial, we hope you love them too!

Sneaks0002

SneakGator

Sneaks0004

Until next time…

1 comment:

Danielle said...

He is precious, I agree! But, I'm partial too because I'm his aunt!! :) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We certainly missed you!! Love you all!