Monday, October 5, 2009

Marathon Number 2

Sunday, Casey ran in his second Twin Cities Marathon, which I have a feeling may become a yearly ritual. We woke up at five to drive down to the cities in 40 degree weather so Casey could run from Minneapolis to St. Paul. It was a perfect day for the race! It was a little overcast, but the sun peeked out a couple of times, shinning light on the beautiful course. I would love to train to run it one year... One thing I missed was the company this year for the race. Last year I had Pops, Mama Smith, and Jamie to bear the cold rainy weather with, but this year it was just Aspen and I standing cheering the runners on (dressed properly for the cold, which made a HUGE difference). I was very proud of myself for finding the two meeting spots along the course, but failed to find the GU that he had packed to throw to him! Aspen was an angel, which I was very pleased about considering our last race with both dogs, and she received many compliments as to how great she was. She just sat by my feet, looking for some chereois as a treat. Casey ended up beating his time last year by five minutes with a time of 3:22, so he was very pleased. and was even able to give two thumbs up as he was crossing the finish line. I was most pleased at the fact he finished and he wasn't a complete waste for the rest of the day. He actually stayed awake until ten! He did lay on the couch the whole time watching TV, while I decorated our house for Halloween, but he was stilll awake for me to talk to and admire my superior decorating skills.
The other exciting thing that happend after the race was I was able to meet one of my favorite television fitness trainers! That's right, Jillian Michael's was at the race answering fitness questions and taking pictures. Casey isn't fond of her method of training, but I think she's awesome! We even have her ifit boot camp work out for our treadmill. I was so thrilled to just meet her, partly because of the famous part, since I watch her on TV most Tuesday's but mainly because I think she is so down to earth and doesn't sugar coat stuff.
Well, the weather has finally turned cool, and will not becoming warm again for another 7 months. I will be packing away most of our warn weather clothes, and bringing out the sweaters. The leaves are changing, with the beautiful reds and oranges. We hope to go hiking this weekend, so hopefully I will have some pictures of Northern Minnesota's beautiful foliage. I think that this updates everyone on our adventures for this past week.Until Next Time...Go Gators! (It wasn't a coincidence they are Gator colors.)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Go Casey!!! I didn't even know he was running again! That may be because I haven't talked to you (other than on Skype before Jamie left) since your trip to Florida. Where has the time gone! We miss you think of you guys often. Hope all is well. ... I promise to call soon!

The Good Life said...

You are wearing a hat I must have left or gave to you lol I think, It looks familiar haha. So jealous of you meeting her. But I would have rather met Bob personally. Tell KC congrats. Love you!

Casey and Rebecca said...

It was in a box of stuff your mom sent. I thought it was yours...it makes me think of you! I have the black fuzzy one too! Love you!