Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Perfect Day...

So, I usually never blog this often, but today was probably one of the most perfect days ever! I have realized how much I love to make things, and the way it makes you feel when you make something, and it turns out so stinkin' cute!! This weekend was the last weekend I had completely off before the baby shower, so I was finishing some last minute projects so this week I can clean, and the following one, cook! It started out with a quick workout, and then off to do errands. I went to Michael's, Joann's, and last but not least Target. I just can't stay away! I bought all the supplies I needed to finish my projects, and Casey even bought me my very own sewing machine. (My night will continue being perfect by testing out the new toy.)
When I came home, Jamie happened to be on Skype, so I was able to talk to her for a little bit, which was awesome. Even though I never really saw her before, being in a different country sure does make you miss someone even more. After our conversation, I played with the puppies, and then began working on my crafts! I finished up the diaper cake and made a wreath for the welcome sign. (It is missing a B, but the package only came with one of each letter..weird.) Here are the final products...










After that, I attempted to finish our bedroom. We have one wall in our room, that was just a blank space. I really wanted those wall adhesives, but could never find one that really explained what I wanted on a bedroom wall. Finally, I decided I would make my own. Casey was a little skeptical, but why should he ever doubt my artsy skills!! I only made it through the first line, but it looks perfect. The whole saying is, "Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live." The second line will be underneath with love and live in bold. :)
Today was just so wonderful, I had to tell everyone about it. I guess there may be a stay at home mom somewhere inside of me. ;) Now, off to sewing!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Ha! It's so funny when you realize that there is a stay at home mom living in all of us! I'm just now figuring that out too with all my coupon cutting, cleaning, organizing, cooking, decorating, and picture taking! :) I am so glad you are posting more often and I hope it continues! I was telling Sharon that she needs to get on and read our blogs - I even showed her all of our blog pages this past weekend, but she refuses. Regardless, I LOVE reading everyone's blogs. Talking on the phone is great too, but blogging is such a quick and easy way to catch up!

Love the new picture collage! They are so much more fun than one picture as a header. And the saying, "Until next time..." is a classic that I use quite often too! :)

Glad things are going well! Love and miss you!