Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Taylor!

I remember growing up my mom always made my birthday’s so very special.  I wanted to make sure that my children always have that memory.  It took me a little while to think of what I could do to make sure they would feel special every time, so I came up with the perfect idea.  Taylor may not remember it this year, but I will have pictures to show him that every year, starting on his first birthday, his room was filled with balloons, so when he woke up on the morning of his birthday, he would be excited. 

So, last night, Casey and I blew up 60 balloons and quietly put them in his room.  He was so excited when he woke up!

Taylor 1 year birthday 001I’m not entirely sure why this picture is fuzzy, but oh well.  We took him out of his crib, and he had so much fun just playing with the balloons, he hit them and threw them.  It was wonderful to see.  It made me think of all the birthdays to come.  I’m sure there will come a point where he will think we are weird, but I’m also sure he will secretly love it every year!

Taylor 1 year birthday 007 Taylor 1 year birthday 002 Taylor 1 year birthday 005 Taylor 1 year birthday 006 

We had a little breakfast celebration this morning with pancakes, sausage, and a candle.  He also still went to daycare this morning.  I was going to keep him home, but his friends at daycare wanted to bake him a cake.  He loves his friends at daycare, and they all love him so much, I thought, why not?  Well, I hope that everyone enjoys this very special day in our hearts and smiles for T-Man, because honestly, who doesn’t love balloons?

Taylor 1 year birthday 014

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a fun tradition!! I wish we could celebrate with him! He is absolutely adorable and we can't wait to see him!! Hopefully sooner than later!! :)