Thursday, August 26, 2010

It’s A Boy!

  On Monday, we had our 20 week ultrasound.  Throughout the past 20 weeks, I had been unsure as to whether I wanted to know what the sex of our baby was.  When we did the fun 3D ultrasound, they couldn’t tell because our little one did not cooperate.  I took that as a sign that maybe I shouldn’t know, but as soon as I walked into the ultrasound room and the nurse said we may be able to determine the gender, I just couldn’t resist.  After taking several pictures of the head and seeing our beautiful baby move all around, flipping and turning toward his momma, she started measuring the legs.  She did a couple of passes and Casey and I looked at each other, thinking a girl probably shouldn’t have that extra something down there.  It was pretty obvious, but she finally stopped on this picture and said, “There’s the third leg.” I of course started crying, I will blame pregnancy hormones, but it was just an amazing feeling to know what we will be having.  It definitely makes everything a little more real. Please pardon the flash, our scanner is on the frits.

IMG_4036

 

Everything looked healthy with our little man, weighing in at about 1 pound already!  We saw his heart, diaphragm, toes, fingers, mouth, kidneys, and everything else in between.  Here are a couple more pictures.  We didn’t get a superb profile picture, but we did get the reassurance that he is healthy, really all that matters. 

IMG_4031

IMG_4033

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful summer, as it is coming to an end here and we get ready for the cooler weather. Until next time…

IMG_4027

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Cori is SO EXCITED to have a boy cousin!! She already told me how much fun she is going to have at the beach with him next year! She promises to teach him how to eat sand, play in the moon pool, nap under the sun, and she is HOPING to teach him how to sleep the whole night through while you're on vacation! I explained to her how UN-relaxing it was to be up with her every night of the week and she said she doesn't want that for you guys next year! :)

We are so happy for you guys! Love you bunches!

Melissa said...

We are so excited for you guys! The girls and I found him a little something while we were out shopping today!

Just Add Water said...

Haha! I love the part about the nurse measuring multiple times and the 'third leg'. Classic. I'm happy to know what to shop for! Your baby shower is gonna be goooooood!