Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What we've been up to lately....

With a purchase of a new home a little over a year, we are continuing to make it our own. We have wanted a pot rack over the center island since we moved in, but I couldn't quite find one I liked, until this past weekend. After much deliberation, ceiling demolition, the complete uselessness of my kitchen for a weekend, we finally have a new pot rack. Casey did a great job hanging it, and I am just amazed that only 1 bolt is holding the whole thing up! There is a little cosmetic work left to complete, and of course some decorations to spruce it up a bit, but here is our finished product. Rather convenient if you ask me.
In addition to the pot rack, we wanted a fan in the living room. Although it isn't hooked up to actually spin or light up the room, it is hung and wired to do so. Casey was very proud of himself and I guess I do have somewhat of a handyman. I can't wait for this summer when it is hooked up and we don't have to use the air this summer!!! Way to be energy efficient!I also started my own little projects. I made a mosaic mirror, and I needed a craft desk to store all of my little projects. My sewing projects, scrapbooking, and paint supplies needed a makeover. Casey found this abandoned desk at work and thought that I could do something with it, boy he was right!! I think it turned out great. I am going to put the chalkboard paper on the doors of the desk and Casey still has to cut a piece of plywood for the side, but it is now a useful piece of furniture.
Other than cosmetics around the house, we have just been enjoying our puppies, being married, and making our new life in Minnesota. Here is one of Kodi's new favorite pass times...
He likes to drink the water out of the faucet. It is funny to see his 90 pound mass of fur jump into the bathtub.Until next time...

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey girly!! I know I've been an awful sister-in-law and haven't called in quite a while. I do think about you guys so often and can't wait to spend time together in just 2 weeks! Cori can't wait to meet her aunt and uncle! Glad to hear all is well. Home projects are so much fun!! Love you!

Melissa said...

Too bad you guys don't live a little closer, I have a fan that needs to be installed in the nursery that has been sitting in the box for about 3 months now! Sounds like you guys have been pretty productive.

John & Melissa

Just Add Water said...

Your kitchen looks great, Reba!!! Hope all is well... love you guys

Laura said...

Isn't it so nice to have a live-in handyman? The pictures I've seen of your house so far look really great! I miss you guys!

{Delight.Love} said...

Becca! I love the stuff you have done! I've always wanted a pot rack as well. Where did you get this one?

We should catch up soon!