Monday, November 10, 2008

'Tis the season...for HUNTING?!

Today, I saw something occur on the interstate, and just had to write about the first chance I received. I'm driving home from St. Cloud and I'm minding my own business, jamming to some tunes, when a car decides I am going too slow. I notice them in my rear view mirror, so I switch lanes to allow them to pass. Of course, everyone looks over to see who is passing them, and if you say you don't, you're a liar. When I looked over, I didn't see a car, or people, or even a boat, which is still plausible right now; no, I saw a deer!! I wanted to start crying it. It was just a young male deer, antlers and all, staring back at me. They didn't even give him a chance to grow up. The cruelty!! So cherish the deer you do see now. Because up here, everyone is killing them! Only in Minnesota... (and the rest of the mid-western States).

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Try living in Williston, Fl ... driving to work I see the same things this time of year. I even have students who skip shcool with their dads to go hunting - although you don't quite get the same effect unless you hear them say it with their country accents. :) Kids wear camo to school everyday and tell me about all the animals they killed over the weekend during writer's workshop every Monday morning. You have inspired to me to post a story of what David did over the weekend out in good 'ole Williston. :)