Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marathon Number 3

IMG_4220

A week ago, Casey ran his third marathon.  It was a beautiful Sunday morning, no rain or cold weather in sight.  It was the perfect setting.  Although he did not quite finish in the time that he had hoped, but he did run the first 18 miles at a 3:20 pace, which was a little better than last year,but that is where he hit “the wall.”  I am not quite sure what “the wall” is, but he and Pops assure me that there is one, and it is pretty hard to get over.  I must admit, I was sad when I saw him at mile 18 and he seemed a little disappointed, but at the same time I was so proud! How many people say they ran a marathon?  Then, how many people say they run a marathon every year?  There were still the usual characters running the race, a princess (fully decked out from a tiara to her princess dress), the barefoot runner, the body builders, and the dad pushing his disabled daughter in a running wheelchair.  Every time I go watch Casey run, I get the urge to start running more.  Well, this year, I decided I will definitely be running the Medtronic Twin Cities 10 mile.  I am so excited, and can’t wait to start training.  The course is so beautiful, hopefully I will be able to run the full marathon one day, but I will settle for the 10 mile, since I can’t start training until February.  It was great to be able to meet Casey on the course at 4 different stops with Pops, hopefully next year there will be some more people running the race, that means you Pops!  Until next time, hope you enjoy the photos of the most beautiful urban marathon in America!

 IMG_4191

Mile 5, lookin’ good!

IMG_4215 

Mile 26.2, can’t forget that 0.2, hurting a bit. :)

IMG_4218

All smiles afterwards.  Such a good sport.

IMG_4216

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Go Casey!! :) He really did do a GREAT job and we are all so proud!! I may just have to run that 10 with you .. oh, that sounds so far!!!