Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Aspen and me!




Things have been very busy as I was getting ready to fly to Florida for a celebration of events.  With Jamie's 21st and Baby Roo's announcement, it should be a great time with family.  But before I left, we celebrated a couple of birthdays of our own.  Aspen turned one on August 7th, and sticking with tradition, she had her first Guiness.  We decided not to give her a whole one as she isn't quite as big as Kodi was, so Kodi was able to celebrate the festivities as well.  It is amazing that we have had her for almost a year now, I miss the puppy stage when she was too small to eat everything in sight.  Maybe it is a yellow lab thing, but this dog canliterally eat anything you put in front of her.  She has gone through an ipod shuffle, 10 pairs of shoes, cd's, a cable cord, drywall, and an iron cord.  The list continues to grow, but hopefully will end soon.  Maybe she just has separation anxiety and will grow out of it.  
Then, Casey took off for my birthday and we had a wonderful hike and golf round.  Even though I wasn't that good, we had a great time and I hit some really good shots.  We went out to Granite City for dinner, which was absolutely delicious!  Casey had an unbelievable filet, which I of course stole bites of, and I had salmon with crab meat.  It was one of the very best meals that we have ever ha
d! Casey joined the Mug Club, which was an interesting debate as to what we thought the price was.  All in all, it was just a great time to
 spend together, and it made my 24th birthday very special.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday! Can't wait to see you tonight! :)

Just Add Water said...

Hope you had a great visit Rebecca! It was great to see you :)