Monday, January 19, 2009

Surviving the Cold

So. this week, I wanted to share what the Minnesota weather has been like. Up until about three days ago, Casey and I thought it wasn't so bad, and quite frankly all these Minnesotans were a little bit of wusses. Well, we were wrong, they were all just in a bad mood because they knew what was coming. If anyone watches the world news, I'm sure you heard about the front that made its way from Alaska to the wonderful state of Minnesota. This front decided to hang out for a little bit (about 90 hours to be exact) and make our lives miserable!! My first experience with it is when my gas tank almost froze over. I like to push my car and wait to get gas even after the light has come on, but up here in the cold country, you can't do that, because your gas tank will freeze. That morning, I broke down and filled up my tank, since I didn't want to be stranded on the road in negtive FIFTY wind chill....and no need to double take that temperature, because I will gladly say it again...NEGATIVE FIFTY!! The moral of this story is don't push your car to the limits in the cold, it just can't handle it. Luckily, that front is gone after spending 90 hours in below zero weather, we are back to normal with beautiful snow flurries, and the warm weather of 20 degrees. And for all of you Floridians, no one better complain to us that it is cold. :)

3 comments:

Dave said...

Stop being a wussy...it was like 32 here the other day, now that is cold. I could see my breath, wow!

The Good Life said...

I wish you could see everyone down here.....it drops to 30 degrees and everybody is in long-underwear, ski suits, face masks and snow boots....funniest thing ever. And they said it might snow....I laughed and thought about you. But I have to admit it is kinda cold, I think its the humidity. No complaints here though! I hope your Jetta keeps on truckin....

The Good Life said...

Write something new, I need something to read. Tell me how great you are and how KC is shocking the dogs....