Sunday, December 14, 2008

Winter Wonderland

The snow has finally fallen, and will not be leaving until the spring. So far, it has not been that cold until today. Today was the worst day yet! When I left work, and went to my car in the freezing cold, I was ready to get the ice scrapper out. Well, I definitely needed the ice scrapper, but it was to get into my car. My car door was literally frozen shut. All of the rain ended up freezing on my car, and I couldn't open the door. When I arrived to work, it was raining and about 35 degrees. That was the high for the day at six in the morning. The temperature just kept dropping from there and will continue to drop for the next couple of days. We are expected to get about 10 inches of snow this evening, and tomorrow's high will be NEGATIVE four, but feel like NEGATIVE thirty. Did you know that is below zero?! At least Casey and I were able to get in our Christmas photos before it is "bitterly cold" according to weather.com. Minnesota is welcoming us with open arms. :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

SO COLD! Pat tells me to tell you guys that it's only going to get colder... sorry! Just remember- layers are key :) And hopefully you guys have a fireplace in your new house.. or at least good heating! Stay warm :)

Casey and Rebecca said...

Luckily we have both! It wasn't too bad today, but it sure was cold. All the Minnesotans were colder than I was!

Laura said...

ok, just got your xmas card b/c it had to get routed through my colorado address... just to make sure you guys have my new address:
3923 NE 45th St Apt 309
Seattle, WA 98105

nice card!
-Laura